At the Neighborhood House, we strive to make a difference in the lives of people...
As a United Methodist Community Center, Lessie Bates Davis Neighborhood House strives to bring God’s Love to all people—the poor, the oppressed, and the homeless. We believe that God has truly hidden Himself within these faces. There are thousands of children and families in our community who are suffering tremendous hardships, who often have no one to turn to, and have given up hope. As a Mission of the United Methodist Church, the Neighborhood House believes that “in God’s Name all things are possible.” The Board, staff and volunteers are putting their faith into action and developing new and innovative programs that are helping to build a brighter future for all God’s children.
Would you like to see a comprehensive brochure on all our services? Click here....
Our programs consist of:
- Child Care Services
- Providing A Sure Start (PASS)
- Healthy Families of Illinois
- Migrant Head Start
- Teen REACH
- Family Educational Partnership Program
- Family Resource Center
- Community-Based Youth Service System
- Community Youth Services Program
- Homeless Youth Program
- Comprehensive Emergency Services
- Mary E. Brown Community Center
- TANF Job Placement Program
- TANF Scholarship Program
- Adult Day Care Services
- Homemaker Program
- Retired Senior & Volunteer Program (RSVP)